We invite the Probate Judge of each county in the state of Georgia to join this Fund. Membership in the Fund begins the day you were sworn or any month within the first 12 months of taking office (after which membership is effective upon receipt) . Dues of $105.00 per month are required by the 20th of each month.
Should you choose to join the Judges of the Probate Courts Retirement Fund of Georgia, please include the following items along with your Application for Membership:
- Pre-retirement Option Choice Form—must be complete, signed, and notarized
- You have the option of pre-choosing your Survivor’s retirement option choice. This would only go into effect if you were to die while in office and you have reached the vesting requirement. You may change this at any point before retirement. You will have the final opportunity to update your Retirement Option choice upon completion of your retirement package.
- Payment of dues for each month claiming up to 12 months
- Please send a check or money order for the full amount -OR -Complete and return the (Our office will draft your account for your monthly dues payment on the 20th of each month)
- Copy of Oath of Office
- Copy of Birth Certificate
If a member ceases to act as the duly qualified Probate Judge, he or she may:
Request retirement benefits if at least age 60.
Be placed in a Vested status to start services upon turning age 60.
Request a refund of dues if that Probate Judge has not vested.