Age and Service Requirement
In order for a Member to be eligible for benefits, he or she must have:
- Served as a regularly qualified and commissioned Probate Judge or as the Secretary-Treasurer and have been a member of the retirement fund for at least eight (8) years;
- Terminated his or her official capacity as a Probate Judge or the Secretary-Treasurer;
- Attained the age of 60 years;
- Filed with the board his or her application for such retirement within a period of 90 days after reaching the age of 60 years or after termination of his or her official capacity as a Probate Judge or as the Secretary-Treasurer, whichever may occur last in point of time; and
- Had his or her application for retirement approved by the Board.
If a retired Member becomes the full-time Probate Judge, his or her retirement benefits shall be suspended during the period of time he or she holds such position. Upon cessation of such service, his or her prior retirement allowance shall be resumed. If a retired Member becomes the full-time Probate Judge, he or she may elect again to become a contributing Member of the retirement system and be governed by the retirement provisions of this chapter.
Once accepted for membership, a Member must pay dues of $105.00 per month.